1. Butterflies taste with their feet.
2. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
3. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.
4. On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.
5. Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.
6. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
7. It's possible to lead a cow upstairs ... but not downstairs.
8. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
9. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
10. A snail can sleep for three years..
11. No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."
12. Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
13. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
14. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
15. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.
16. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.